Mike Cole - Owner
- Fav Music – Dire Straits
- Fav Food – Tapas
- Fav Film – Usual Suspects
- Fav TV Programme – 24 and QI
- Most Like to Meet – Mark Knopfler/Richard Branson
I have a dilemma...I don't like being an estate agent, but I love estate agency!! By that I mean I love the job, the environment, the competitiveness, the variety, the client interactions and more, but the reputation of the Industry still doesn't sit comfortably with me, albeit there is some improvement in recent years.
It's for that reason I take an extreme ethical stance on dealing with clients and drill that in to all of my staff throughout their employment. Being honest and genuine does not need to come at the expense of ambition and sales skills. It is perfectly feasible to encourage someone to buy or let a property without resorting to shallow tactics and anyone working at Imagine is directed to master this craft if they expect their employment to be of a long term nature.
This policy instils core values in our people that make them decent to deal with, trustworthy and genuine, yet still enthusiastic and positive. Let me introduce our Watford team...
Helen Tuffery - Group P.A.
- Fav Music – Luther Vandross, Earth Wind & Fire, 70s, 80's, 90's
- Fav Food – Thai, Indian, Italian
- Fav Film – Beetlejuice - don't laugh!!
- Fav TV Programme – Any crime drama
- Most Like to Meet – Meryl Streep
Helen has the good fortune to be able to share an office with Mike each day, at least that's what he says. Her role is the most diverse in the company and as such requires a huge breadth of skills. Among her talents, she's a Whizz Typist, Social Media Guru, Personnel Expert, Spreadsheet Queen and Supreme Organiser. On top of that she still finds time to make a mean banana cake. Mike's all the happier and healthier for having her both at his side and on his side.
Tom McBride - Branch Manager
- Fav Music – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Fav Food – Creole Chicken (allergic to small portions of anything)
- Fav Film – The Business
- Fav TV Programme – Eastenders
- Most Like to Meet – Ricky Hatton
Tom has quite literally gone from boy to man in his time at Imagine. Having started in 2007 as a compete rookie, he has steadily developed in to a very fine agent and young man. Ethically sound, extremely dedicated and not short of ambition Tom has worked in all departments to help shape him in to the all-rounder he now is. In 2012 he was promoted to Assistant Manager at Watford, a role in which he excelled and made him the obvious candidate to be the Branch Manager in 2013. A pleasure to deal with for clients and myself alike, he is another example of a nurtured employee getting his just rewards at Imagine.
Carl Robertson - New Homes Director
- Fav Music – Anything by Bobby Womack or Gladys Knight & The Pips
- Fav Food – Thai
- Fav Film – Its A Wonderful Life or anything by the Coen Brothers
- Fav TV Programme – Him & Her
- Most Like to Meet – Mark Kermode
Carl is a highly experienced property man having been a founding Partner of an Ealing based 8 branch estate agency for 20 years. He took a 3 year sabbatical in 2010 to establish a kids soccer school, during which time his need for the buzz of estate agency was rekindled. The timing coincided with Imagine receiving approaches about more and more land opportunities in our territories and needing someone dedicated to service this cause. His experience gives him real stature in dealing with Land Owners, Developers, Financiers, Architects and Planners. His mission is to develop Imagine New Homes in to a leading player in this market in the year ahead.
Jamie Downs - Assistant Manager
- Fav Music – Bob Marley, Kanye West, Oasis
- Fav Food – Curry, Chicken Rice and Peas, Thai
- Fav Film – Good Bye Charlie Bright, Catch Me if you can, Wall Street
- Fav TV Programme – Only Fools and Horses, Match of the Day, Football League Show
- Most Like to Meet – Kenny Jackett, Will Smith
Jamie is arguably the best sales person at Imagine. In amongst some very high quality individuals that's quite an accolade. He joined us in 2011 taking a step back from a Managers Role, but a step up in terms of the quality of business he worked for. In his first year he was our top performer, in his second year he helped establish our St. Albans branch and in 2013, his third year, he steps in to Watford office to prove he can achieve in any market. Ear marked as the next Watford Branch Manager he has a very rosy future ahead of him!
Valerie Slevin - Sales Progressor
- Fav Music – Elvis Presley
- Fav Food – Thai
- Fav Film – Dirty Dancing
- Fav TV Programme – Eggheads
- Most Like to Meet – Mohammad Ali
Watching over the flock like a proud Mother Hen, Valerie keeps everyone in check as the voice of experience she undoubtedly is. Battling back to working life after two knee replacement operations she is another truly hard working character whose effort level would shame many half her age. Her role is undoubtedly the most difficult of all the staff as she is directly in the firing line of clients during the transaction process when they are at their most stressed. Not a position for the faint hearted and one she carries out with real integrity. When she first joined I was really concerned about the use of colourful language and near the knuckle humour, but to be fair to her she has kept it down to a minimum.
Ricky Veale - Sales Negotiator
- Fav Music – Drake, Wayne, Tremaine
- Fav Food – Italian
- Fav Film – Shawshank Redemption
- Fav TV Programme – Hawaii Five O
- Most Like to Meet – David Beckham (again)
Ricky joined us early 2013 having moved home to be in this area. He has 18 months experience behind him which has given him a solid foundation to the business. He has a slightly freaky ability to come across well beyond his years - old head on young shoulders sums him up perfectly and that helped him bed in extremely quickly. A great team player, but not to be taken for granted as he has a steely determination to be successful in his own right above all else.
Chris Mullen - Sales Negotiator
- Fav Music – Frank Ocean/ The XX
- Fav Food – Mushroom and pancetta Tortellini
- Fav Film – Law Abiding Citizen
- Fav TV Programme – Geordie Shore
- Most Like to Meet – Sienna Miller
Chris is a former professional footballer (if playing for Luton Town counts) whose career was cut short after breaking an ankle at 19. That meant a sharp career change in to the world of property and a steep learning curve was undertaken. What has helped him get established is that there are so many comparisons between the competitive nature of sport and business. Being a winner, wanting to be the best, commitment to name a few. You could add that wanting to play for the best team comes under that remit too and with his move to Imagine Chris has his chance to prove himself in the Premier League.
Claire Berke - Senior Lettings Negotiator
- Fav Music – Funky House
- Fav Food – Roast dinner or strawberries & cream
- Fav Film – Notting Hill or any Indiana Jones movie
- Fav TV Programme – Hollyoaks
- Most Like to Meet – Robbie Williams
Claire is one of the easiest employees to manage I've ever worked with. She never gets emotionally carried away, whether things are going for her or against her, she is just consistently easy going and well natured. This make her a calming influence on those around her which is useful in what can be a stressful environment. Despite her placid demeanour she does also hold the Imagine world record for lets agreed in a month - a staggering 17!!! That she also has a BA Honours in Law is just showing off.
Mark Matthews - Lettings Manager
- Fav Music – Richard Ashcroft
- Fav Food – Lobster Thermador
- Fav Film – The Shawshank Redemption
- Fav TV Programme – Match of the Day
- Most Like to Meet – Mark Cavendish
Mark is a class act. Very experienced, with over twenty years in the industry although annoyingly aside from a few grey hairs that don't show up in his picture he never seems to age. Very assured and adept at calmly dealing with the stresses and strains that can come with working in Lettings. We converted him from having spent all his formative years on the Sales side of the business to take over Lettings as a fresh challenge. When he joined Imagine he originally took just a six month contract. We're are now heading for six years together and I still see no signs of him going anywhere else - thankfully!!
Miranda Ford - Property Manager - Accounts/Renewals
- Fav Music – 80's & 90's
- Fav Food – Pasta
- Fav Film – White Noise
- Fav TV Programme – Total Wipeout
- Most Like to Meet – Michael Owen
To Sales people administration is often considered a necessary evil and as such can be treated a little lapsidazically. That's why it is vital I employ some different individuals who thrive on figures, attention to detail and order. Miranda is one such person who likes to have everything neat , tidy, in its place and accurate. In her accounts role those are vital qualities that make her all the more valuable.
Katrina Fernandes - Property Manager
- Fav Music – Reggae, R'n'B and a bit of 80's cheese
- Fav Food – Caribbean - Brown stew chicken rice peas and macaroni
- Fav Film – I can't possibly choose...too many depends on my mood
- Fav TV Programme – The I.T. Crowd
- Most Like to Meet – Will ferrel lol
Katrina is an experienced Property Manager who brings real charm and charisma to the administrative role she undertakes. Very personable and approachable, tenants, landlords, contractors and other staff have all taken to her almost overnight. She is the initial point of contact for all new managed lets as well and taking on the lion's share of our property inspections. Her other main task is to oversee the Check Outs at end of tenancies and smooth over that process. Carries everything out with a smile, top girl!
Marcia Brightman - Property Manager
- Fav Music – I'm a 'soul girl'! Luther Vandross & Linden David Hall
- Fav Food – Ravioli stuffed with mushrooms & Parma ham from 'Zincos' in Watford
- Fav Film – All of the 'Halloween's'
- Fav TV Programme – Come Dine with Me
- Most Like to Meet – Lord Alan Sugar & Denzel Washington
Marcia had a brief stint with Imagine back in 2009, but circumstances meant she moved on as quickly as she started. However, she had created an excellent impression with her ability to do the job and so when Jupiter's moon drifted, the stars collided and fate bought her back on to my radar it didn't take too long for us to agree terms and start back where we left off. For her first eighteen months she has been running the Bushey Lettings department, but in 2013 she starts a new chapter as a Property Manager where her wise head and calm demeanour will be an excellent asset.
Angie Pitan - Trainee Property Manager
- Fav Music – Fleetwood Mac
- Fav Food – Chicken and Mushroom pie and chips
- Fav Film – Superman The Movie (the original with Christopher Reeve)
- Fav TV Programme – Samsung (Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes - I can have them both because TECHNICALLY Ashes to Ashes has the same premise as Life on Mars, just a different lead character).
- Most Like to Meet – Stevie Nicks
Rarely was the morning coffee run to our favourite cafe as much fun as when Angie was serving. Always so friendly with a great smile and a great personality she had the customers eating out of her hands. She was exactly the type of character we love having in our set up and so we offered her the chance of a career change and a career path that would reward her more fully. Lucky for us she took us up on the offer and we have great hopes she will be one of our star finds.
Joshua Cobden - Lettings Negotiator
- Fav Music – I love all genres of music - MJ, Stevie Wonder and Guns and Roses are my all-time favourites, bit of a mixed bag.
- Fav Food – Japanese/Italian
- Fav Film – Pulp Fiction
- Fav TV Programme – Top gear/Two and a Half/Man Vs. Food are all definitely up there.
- Most Like to Meet – I would most like to meet James Corden. The guy is hysterical and I reckon he'd be a good laugh on a night out.
Another 2013 recruit Josh was introduced to Imagine by one of his friends who currently works with us. Lettings is a total change of career for him, but one he convinced me he was absolutely committed to giving 100% dedication to succeed in. He is also our second employee to be able to boast an Honours Degree to his name. While educational qualification is no guarantee of success in this industry, nor of particular benefit, it does carry a certain amount of kudos and he definitely improves the chances of our Quiz Team ever winning anything.